School Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What topic are you currently doing in your science class?

4 posters

Go down

What topic are you currently doing in your science class? Empty What topic are you currently doing in your science class?

Post by Admin 9/15/2009, 3:42 pm

I would like to know what you are currently doing in your science classes at school.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://school1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What topic are you currently doing in your science class? Empty Re: What topic are you currently doing in your science class?

Post by Nicolas 47 9/16/2009, 2:06 pm

i am currently doing bonding

Nicolas 47

Back to top Go down

What topic are you currently doing in your science class? Empty Re: What topic are you currently doing in your science class?

Post by Awesomeness 9/16/2009, 4:23 pm

Me too. atoms, molecules, and all that easy stuff. (On the bright side, I created a Periodic Table of the Elements song!!)
Awesomeness
Awesomeness

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin 9/16/2009, 5:11 pm

Yes, I remembered revising bonding a few days ago...

~Covalent Bonding
~Ionic Bonding
~Metallic Bonding

It's because I had a simple test to do. And I got an A+ on it,lol.

We also had a little revision test on everything to do with gases/liquids and solids. Also, I've "A+" that test as well.

At the moment, am doing labs.
It's like observing and writing down information.

How to write out a lab ~ Example :

Title Page
Not all lab reports have title pages, but if your instructor wants one, it would be a single page that states:
The title of the experiment.
Your name and the names of any lab partners.
Your instructor's name.
The date the lab was performed or the date the report was submitted.

Title
The title says what you did. It should be brief (aim for ten words or less) and describe the main point of the experiment or investigation. An example of a title would be: "Effects of Ultraviolet Light on Borax Crystal Growth Rate". If you can, begin your title using a keyword rather than an article like 'The' or 'A'.

Introduction / Purpose
Usually the Introduction is one paragraph that explains the objectives or purpose of the lab. In one sentence, state the hypothesis. Sometimes an introduction may contain background information, briefly summarize how the experiment was performed, state the findings of the experiment, and list the conclusions of the investigation. Even if you don't write a whole introduction, you need to state the purpose of the experiment, or why you did it. This would be where you state your hypothesis.

Materials
List everything needed to complete your experiment.

Methods
Describe the steps you completed during your investigation. This is your procedure. Be sufficiently detailed that anyone could read this section and duplicate your experiment. Write it as if you were giving direction for someone else to do the lab. It may be helpful to provide a Figure to diagram your experimental setup.

Data
Numerical data obtained from your procedure usually is presented as a table. Data encompasses what you recorded when you conducted the experiment. It's just the facts, not any interpretation of what they mean.

Results
Describe in words what the data means. Sometimes the Results section is combined with the Discussion (Results & Discussion).

Discussion or Analysis
The Data section contains numbers. The Analysis section contains any calculations you made based on those numbers. This is where you interpret the data and determine whether or not a hypothesis was accepted. This is also where you would discuss any mistakes you might have made while conducting the investigation. You may wish to describe ways the study might have been improved.

Conclusions
Most of the time the conclusion is a single paragraph that sums up what happened in the experiment, whether your hypothesis was accepted or rejected, and what this means.

Figures & Graphs
Graphs and figures must both be labeled with a descriptive title. Label the axes on a graph, being sure to include units of measurement. The independent variable is on the X-axis. The dependent variable (the one you are measuring) is on the Y-axis. Be sure to refer to figures and graphs in the text of your report. The first figure is Figure 1, the second figure is Figure 2, etc.

References
If your research was based on someone else's work or if you cited facts that require documentation, then you should list these references.

Found at ~ http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemistrylabexperiments/a/labreports.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://school1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas 47 9/17/2009, 2:55 pm

in physics i am doing light and in biology i am doing the human body

Nicolas 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren 9/18/2009, 7:47 pm

Well, ima gonna be honest.

Im not doing anything in science atm as im doing Senior (General) science via distance education (correspondence) and iv finished my work, and waiting to sit exams in 3 weeks >.>

Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down